Sunday, January 4, 2009

Meeting Myself Again


Over the holidays I decided to clear out some art related accumulation that has occurred in my former closet. I found an old, unfinished painting of mine and decided to finish it about seven years after the fact (holy crap! I'm old). There wasn't really much left to be done. Procrastinators ain't got nothing on me. It was interesting to see this old work and being reminded of what interested me at the time. So young, so full of dreams yet to be dragged through the muck. Ah, those were the days. Anyway, this made me think of my early idol Charles Sheeler and the Precisionists. Also to a certain extent, the Bay Area Figurative Movement. (I've just noticed that the word "old" appears three times in this post. I may be going through some sort of crisis.)

No comments: